Huntersville is located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Huntersville is 12 miles north of Charlotte and is considered a part of the Charlotte metropolitan area. Huntersville population was 46,773 at the 2010 census, and had increased to 52,704 according to the 2015 census. Making Huntersville the 17th largest municipality in North Carolina. When searching for homes for sale in Huntersville area let Berkshire Hathaway Carolinas provide the professional assistance.
NASCAR in Huntersville
Huntersville is headquarters to the NASCAR race shops of Joe Gibbs Racing, located in the Huntersville Business Park off I-77 exit 23. The shop currently operates four Sprint Cup Series teams: the #11 FedEx Toyota Camry, the #18 M&M’s Toyota Camry, the #19 Subway Restaurants  Toyota Camry and the #20 Dollar General Toyota Camry.
- Jeff Burton,NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver, No. 66 RK Motors, Toyota
- Brian Keselowski, current NASCAR & ARCA owner/driver
- Joey Logano,NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver, No. 22 Shell/Pennzoil, Ford
- Eddie Long, pastor of the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church
- Natrone Means, led ACC in rushing and rushing touchdowns as a North Carolina Tar Heel; member of 1994San Diego Chargers Super Bowl team
- John Roberts,Speed Channel host
- Drew P. Saunders, former member of theNorth Carolina General Assembly
- Ben Shields, formerMajor League Baseball pitcher
- Andrea Stinson, former professional basketball player
- John Story, former NASCAR truck series owner, and former President of Dale Earnhardt Incorporated
- Jim Vandiver, retired NASCAR driver
- Brian Whitesell, team manager in NASCAR Sprint Cup
- Hoyt Wilhelm,Major League Baseball pitcher in Hall of Fame